2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec
*Photos may show optional equipment *Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), if shown, is for reference only. MSRP and/or final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected. Contact Burlington Cycle for your BEST DEAL. Subject to availability. Prices may change without notice.
Introducing the latest addition to the Bolt family... the 2015 Bolt C-Spec. Offering class leading performance and a fun filled ride, the new Bolt C-Spec features low slung clip-on handlebars, a cool solo seat with rear seat cowl and a new, more sporty riding position. Perfect for unwinding after a hard day's work, the Bolt C-Spec returns riders to the roots of motorcycling with a uniquely styled model, offering the sound and "character" that only an air-cooled V-twin can provide.
- 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves per cylinder, 60° V-twin engine produces outstanding low- and mid-range torque. Maximum torque is reached at only 3,000 rpm - for an exceptionally fun riding experience.
- One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum filling efficiency for maximum power output. The benefit of a 4-valve design is two smaller valves allow more air flow and a higher rpm limit than a single heavier larger valve.
- Pent roof combustion chamber design with optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber (and the centrally located long reach spark plug) for faster, more complete combustion, improved power and reduced emissions.
- The SOHC valve train features 31.5mm intake and 28mm exhaust valves with single valve springs which reduce friction and power losses. Specially designed "Y" shaped roller rocker arms activate the valves and utilize needle bearings that "roll" directly on the cam lobes allowing the lift of 2 valves at the same time without producing excessive camshaft wear and friction.
- Auto adjusting cam chain tensioners are used to reduce mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Lightweight, "liner-less" aluminium cylinders feature ceramic composite plating for superior heat dissipation for excellent cooling, less friction and reduced weight. Cylinder cooling fins feature brushed aluminum highlights.
- Single pin style crankshaft is used to enhance V-twin engine character and exhaust note.
- Lightweight forged aluminium pistons provide excellent durability while reducing reciprocating mass for fast throttle response.
- Wet sump oil delivery system features an easy access spin-on type oil filter and easy access drain plug. A traditional dipstick is used to check oil level.
- Classic side mounted, 2.3 litre air box houses an easy access, high-flow viscous paper-type filter. The outer cover features brushed aluminum highlights.
- Dual bore, 35mm throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control). This is a "closed loop" system that utilizes a heated oxygen sensor, which feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The Idle Speed Control (ISC) maintains a steady idle regardless of engine temperature.
- 4-hole, 2-directional spray, Denso fuel injectors are used for excellent fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder.
- Fuel injection benefits include; excellent fuel economy, choke-less starting, reduced emissions, and smooth drive-ability. The Bolt C-Spec has been tuned to provide a very "linear" throttle response for easy riding.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
- Powerful 32 bit ECU controls the ignition and fuel injection processes.
- Multi-plate "outer pull type'" wet clutch is used. Lever pull is light and easy.
- 5-speed transmission features optimized gear ratios for excellent city and highway ride-ability. Transmission gears use "straight cut dogs" for smooth, positive shifting. 5th gear delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
- Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The 21mm narrow design belt utilizes carbon fibre cords for excellent strength and reduced stretching.
- Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
- Stylish 2 into 1 exhaust system features a 3-way honeycomb-type catalyzer at the entry point of the muffler to reduce emissions. The rear header pipe "snakes" toward the front cylinder in order to provide the necessary tuned length, not to mention it is a key styling highlight too. The short design "dual stage type" muffler produces a low, throaty V-Twin exhaust note.
- Tube type, single backbone, double cradle steel frame offers a natural riding position, roomy ergonomics and a low seat height. This frame utilizes a 4-point rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance for superior handling. The engine is mounted low in the chassis to provide a low center of gravity for light, easy handling.
- Conventional tube-type, steel, short design swingarm compliments the frame and utilizes a dual shock suspension system.
- The Bolt C-Spec features a 765 mm / 30.1" seat height and a very narrow design through the seat-fuel tank junction allowing many riders to place both feet flat on the ground.
- The compact 1570mm / 61.8" wheelbase provides light, agile handling, for a fun riding experience.
- The Bolt C-Spec is designed to be compact and slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily personalize / customize the bike with a wide range of Genuine Star accessories. The styling is "Star Original Bobber" with a classic café racer twist. The design invokes a sense of dynamic forward motion and concentrated mass. The engine features "raw metal" styling highlights.
- 41mm front fork features classic styled rubber fork boots (aka. gaiters) to not only add a styling highlight but to also protect the fork tubes and seals. Wheel travel is 120mm (4.7").
- Lightweight, forged aluminum upper triple clamp and forged steel lower triple clamp. The "pitch" between the fork tubes is 190mm or 7.5", which is well proportioned to 100/90 series front tire.
- Adjustable premium dual, remote reservoir gas shock rear suspension. Rear wheel travel is 70mm (2.8"). The 5-positions of spring preload adjustment allows the rider to tailor spring preload to suit rider weight and load.
- Single, 298mm front disc brake features a floating, wave-style rotor squeezed by a twin piston caliper for strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power. The wave-style rotor offers more surface area than a conventional round disc for excellent heat dissipation.
- 298 mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the center of gravity for light handling.
- Lightweight aluminum clip-on handlebars reinforce the café racer styling.
- New, more compact handlebar switches, front brake master cylinder, and levers provide a more sporty image.
- 12 litre teardrop shaped fuel tank compliments the slim, compact design of the Bolt C-Spec.
- Rider only solo seat offers excellent comfort and that special Café racer style. The seat is 765 mm or 30.1" from the ground. An optional passenger seat kit will be available.
- Repositioned footpegs are 150 mm ( 5.9") rearward and 29 mm (1.1") higher than the regular Bolt & R-Spec. Combine this with the revised handlebar position and you have an all new, more sporty forward leaning riding position.
- Short design front and rear fenders are made of steel for easy customization and demonstrate the quality of build.
- Lightweight 12-spoke cast aluminium wheels are fitted with tubeless tires. Front wheel is an MT2.50x19 fitted with a 100/90-19 bias tire, while the rear is an MT3.50x16 fitted with a 150/80x 16 bias tire.
- LCD digital meter assembly features a speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometres since low fuel warning light activated) and a clock. Warning lights include; low fuel, oil level and engine trouble. The instrument has been re-positioned to match the Café styling.
- 60/55 watt halogen headlight
- "Vintage design" LED tail light features 19 LED's for excellent visibility. Chrome bezel adds another styling highlight.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish
- New V-Bank cover between the cylinders (left side of engine),
- Repositioned front turn signals with clear lenses
- Upper & lower belt covers help prevent debris from entering the belt and pulley areas
- Locking fuel cap and locking tool kit cover
- Traditional style, fork mounted steering lock
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery
- Lean angle sensor will kill the engine if the bike has tipped over.
- Yamaha diagnostic service tool coupler
- Engine: Air-cooled, SOHC, 8-valves (4 valves / cyl) , 60 degree, V-twin
- Displacement: 942cc
- Bore and Stroke: 85 x 83 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9:1
- Maximum Torque: 8.2 kg-m (59.3 ft-lb) @ 3,000rpm
- Fuel Delivery: 35mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection
- Estimated Fuel Consumption±: 20 kpl / 57 mpg (imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
- Transmission: 5 speed
- Final Drive: Belt
- Suspension (Front): 41 mm fork
- Suspension (Rear): Preload adjustable premium gas charged "piggyback" shocks
- Brakes (Front): 298 mm disc / twin piston caliper
- Brakes (Rear): 298 mm disc / single piston caliper
- Tires (Front): 100/90 x 19
- Tires (Rear): 150/80 x 16
- Length: 2,295 mm (90.4")
- Width: 775 mm (30.5")
- Height: 1,160 mm (45.7")
- Wheelbase: 1,570 mm (61.8")
- Rake / Trail: 29 degrees / 130mm (5.1")
- Seat Height: 765 mm (30.1")
- Fuel Capacity: 12 litres (2.6 Imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 246kg (542 lb.)
- Colour(s): Dark Grayish Metallic Green, Silver 3
- Engine Type
- SOHC, 8-valves (4 per cylinder), 60 deg., V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 85 x83mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 35mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection
- TCI / Electric
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork
- Rear Suspension
- Preload adjustable premium gas charged "piggyback" shocks
- Front Brakes
- 298mm disc / twin piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 298mm disc / single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 100/90 x 19
- Rear Tire
- 150/80 x 16
- 1,570mm (61.8 in.)
- Seat Height
- 765 mm (30.1 in.)
- 29 deg.
- 130mm (5.1 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 L (2.6 Imp. gal.)
- 20 kpl (57 mpg (imp.))
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 246kg (542 lb.)
- 5 speed
- Final Drive
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Dark Grayish Metallic Green; Silver 3