2017 Yamaha SCR950
Stock Image: Dark Bluish Metallic Grey
For riders who are looking for a rugged vintage design but want the reliability of today's motorcycles, look no further than the all-new SCR950. With distinct scrambler style, modern technology, and a pulsating 942 cc V-twin, the SCR950 blurs the line between past and present.
Power: Powering the SCR950 is Yamaha's reliable 942 cc, air-cooled, 4-valves per cylinder, 60° V-twin engine which produces excellent torque and power delivery across a wide RPM range.
Style: The SCR950 comes fitted with a flangeless teardrop tank, vintage graphics with matching number plates, wide handlebars with crossbar, and block pattern tires mounted on lightweight aluminum spoked wheels to give that distinct scrambler character.
- 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, single pin crankshaft, V-twin
- 5-speed transmission & belt drive
- Close loop, dual bore fuel injection
- Comfortable, upright riding position
- Premium dual shock piggyback rear suspension
- Flangeless, 13 litre fuel tank
- Classic, aluminum spoke wheels (19" front & 17" rear)
- Cool retro Scrambler styling
- Blacked out, 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin power plant pumps out impressive power & torque. Maximum torque is reached at 3,000 rpms.
- SOHC, pent-roof, 4-valve cylinder heads: 4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance at all rpms; 31.5 mm intake & 28 mm exhaust valves use friction reducing single valve springs; compact pent roof combustion chamber design & optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion & excellent power with reduced emissions; 25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
- Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves: Y shaped roller rocker arms allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear & friction; slipper portion of the rocker arm utilizes a needle bearing for reduced camshaft wear & reduced sliding resistance (friction)
- No fuss, traditional air-cooled engine design: cylinders have a tapered "V" appearance to highlight the V-twin engine design; cooling fins have been optimized for excellent cooling even in stop & go traffic; easier maintenance
- Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
- "Liner-less", ceramic composite-plated cylinder bores: ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum blocks, eliminating the liners & reducing weight; excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery; ceramic coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Flat top, lightweight forged aluminum pistons: less reciprocating mass for fast engine response; reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
- Single pin style crankshaft: design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
- Crankcases feature a "Tri-Axis" layout for the crank, main & drive axles: creates a more compact & shorter engine front to back; shorter engine allows for optimum engine placement in the "sweet spot" of frame for desired weight distribution & great handling
- Wet sump lubrication system with easy access, spin on oil filter & drain plug for easy oil changes.
- Classic side mounted 2.3 litre air box houses an easy access, a high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
- "Closed loop", dual bore, 35 mm throttle body fuel injection system with linear throttle response for easy riding: system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) to help optimize intake air flow & power; ISC or idle speed controller ensures a steady idle; 4 - hole injectors optimize fuel atomization & feature a dual spray pattern for more complete combustion chamber filling; "closed loop system" uses an oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions; oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of aftermarket "slip-on" mufflers will not affect the closed loop system; fuel injection benefits include; excellent throttle response, choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission: optimized gear ratios match engine power for strong acceleration; 5th gear offers reduced engine rpms at highway speeds; clutch is an "outer pull" design for light, easy lever effort
- Narrow design belt drive with carbon fibre cords: narrow 21 mm wide belt design; cleaner & quieter than chain drive... no messy chain splatter; low maintenance... no regular adjustments or lubrication required; belt drive system simplifies customization
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- 2 into 1 exhaust system: large diameter header pipes for maximum flow; rear header pipe "snakes" forward to provide the correct tuned length: slightly upswept, dual stage muffler produces a low, throaty V-Twin growl & features an aluminum end cap; heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components; 3-way honeycomb catalyzer reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, further reducing exhaust emissions.
- Tube type, double cradle steel frame with exposed rear subframe: provides a natural riding position & roomy ergonomics; frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system optimizing the overall chassis rigidity balance for superior handling; engine mounting position provides a low center of gravity for light, easy handling
- Tube-type, steel, swingarm compliments the frame & features a dual shock rear suspension system.
- 1575 mm (62") wheelbase provides light, agile handling, for a fun riding experience.
- 41mm KYB front fork offers 120 mm (4.7") of wheel travel: good ride comfort & compliance; traditional "scrambler style" fork boots ("gaiters") help prevent fork tube "nicks" & protect fork seals
- Adjustable, premium, remote reservoir, dual gas charged shock rear suspension. Rear wheel travel is 70 mm (2.8"): 5 - positions of spring preload adjustability to suit load and / or rider preferences; remote reservoir design keeps the shock cooler for more consistent damping performance
- Single, 298mm front disc brake features a floating, wave-style disc squeezed by a twin piston caliper: strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power; wave-style disc offers more surface area than a conventional round disc for excellent heat dissipation
- 298 mm rear wave-style disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper: caliper mounted to the underside of swingarm, reducing the centre of gravity for light handling; location also hides the caliper for a clean, custom look
- Classic, spoked, scrambler style 19" front & 17" aluminum wheels: lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for superior suspension performance; front rim size is 2.50 x 19" // rear rim size is 3.50 x 17"; dual sport, wide block tread design (90% on road / 10% light off road)
- Fun styled, retro scrambler body work
- Steel fenders front & rear steel for easy re-painting or customization.
- 13 litre, slim design, teardrop shaped, flangeless fuel tank: 2.8 litre reserve capacity (low fuel light illuminates); flangeless design provides a clean custom look
- Slim, low profile one piece rider & passenger seat: good comfort & support; seat height is 830 mm (32.7"); slim design makes it easier to touch ground; traditional passenger grab strap
- Lightweight aluminum rider foot pegs are positioned almost directly below the seat: traditional, natural upright riding position
- Wide, scrambler style 7/8" conventional handlebar with reinforcing crossbar for added strength: provides an upright riding position & excellent rider comfort; wide design for easy handling & that special scrambler image; bar can be changed to a different "bend" for easy customization or personal preferences
- Triple clamp mounted LCD digital meter / instrument: functions include; speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light activated), clock & range of warning lights; instrument functions can be "tabbed" through & reset using the LHS handlebar switch gear, allowing the operator to change instrument functions without taking hands off the bars.
- 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight with chromed bezel.
- Round "vintage design" LED tail light.
- The SCR950 is designed to be compact & slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily personalize / customize the bike with a wide range of Genuine Yamaha accessories.
- Classic vintage styled graphics
- High mounted front & rear turn signals
- Upper & lower belt drive cover helps prevent debris from entering the belt and pulley areas
- Fork mounted steering lock
- Self-cancelling turn signals
- Traditional dipstick to check oil level
- Yamaha diagnostic service tool coupler
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
- Engine: Air-cooled, SOHC, 8-valves (4 per cylinder), 60 deg., V-twin
- Displacement: 942cc
- Bore and Stroke: 85 x 83mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Maximum Torque: 8.2 kg-m (59.3 ft. lb.) @ 3,000rpm
- Fuel Delivery: 35mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection
- Estimated Fuel Consumption±: 21.6 kpl / 61 mpg (imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
- Transmission: 5 speed
- Final Drive: Belt
- Suspension (Front): 41mm fork / 120mm (4.7 in.) wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Preload adjustable premium dual gas charged piggyback shocks / 70mm (2.8 in.) wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): 298mm disc / twin piston caliper
- Brakes (Rear): 298mm disc / single piston caliper
- Tires (Front): 100/90 x 19 (tube type)
- Tires (Rear): 140/80 R17 (tube type)
- Length: 2,250mm (88.6 in.)
- Width: 895mm (35.6 in.)
- Height: 1,165mm (45.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,575mm (62 in.)
- Rake / Trail: 28.25 deg. / 129mm (5.1 in.)
- Seat Height: 830mm (32.7 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 12 L (2.6 Imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 248 kg (547 lb.)
- Colour(s): Vivid Red Cocktail, Dark Bluish Metallic Grey
- Engine Type
- SOHC, 8-valves (4 per cylinder), 60 deg., V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 85 x 83mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 35mm dual bore throttle body fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork / 120mm (4.7 in.) wheel travel
- Rear Suspension
- Preload adjustable premium dual gas charged piggyback shocks / 70mm (2.8 in.) wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- 298mm disc / twin piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 298mm disc / single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 100/90 x 19 (tube type)
- Rear Tire
- 140/80 R17 (tube type)
- 1,575mm (62 in.)
- Seat Height
- 830mm (32.7 in.)
- 28.25 deg.
- 129mm (5.1 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 L (2.6 Imp. gal.)
- 21.6 kpl / 61 mpg (imp.)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 248 kg (547 lb.)
- 5 speed
- Final Drive
- Vivid Red Cocktail, Dark Bluish Metallic Grey